Saturday 1 January 2011

Wisp in the Wind Contest Entry - You Are My Everything

So I'm giving the poetry contests at allpoetry.com a go, which seem quite good fun =)  Below is my entry to the contest hosted by Donna Grimes aka BluRosePoet8488 (http://allpoetry.com/contest/2506063).  The task being to write a poem inspired by her words:

'I could write a thousand words upon a thousand more and never really touch the depth of the love I feel inside for you. I can only capture a small wisp in the wind to whisper to your heart... I love you!' 
~Donna Sue Grimes~

------------------------------------------------------

Wind whips across my tearful face,
As I stand in the freezing, pouring rain.
Torrents glancing off my sodden clothes
And running down my dripping hair.
Overwhelming,
The intense shaking rips at my soul,
But it could not compare to losing you.

The burning sun sears my face,
As the dry, desert heat creeps inside.
Tearing the moisture from my dry eyes,
Filling my aching lungs with sand.
I can't breathe,
As the pounding in my head closes in,
But it could not compare to losing you.

Icy cold chills my every being,
Muscles tearing as they fight the freeze.
Frozen crystals forming on my cheeks,
Lips too blue to be able to speak.
Agonising,
The painful frost within my limbs,
But it could not compare to losing you.

For all the trials the world could give,
Impossible feats over venomous scars,
This love that words cannot describe,
Would conquer every time.
Invincible,
You make my soul so bright,
How I wish you could see the glow.


------------------------------------------------------

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You just tore my heart out. When I was 24, my girlfriend broke up with me, and I was devastated; if I could have written my feelings on paper, well...you just did that for me. This is poetry - these words are life, and You are brilliant (tortured soul, but brilliant :-))!

Carmela-J said...

That's an amazing response, thank you. I never know what to say back when people comment on here, but it's always amazing to receive such positive comments. Thank you =)