Sunday 14 November 2010

Restless Nights of Darkened Dreams

Philosophising about the dreams
That haunt my sleep each waking night
I halt my hunt to rationalise...
How these demons reach my soul?
Enveloped in my subconscious layers,
Aching hearts and weeping eyes,
Defence impossible.
My whimpering being,
Musters all that I have within,
Strength of character, charm, and wit,
To forge new images of brighter worlds,
Vicious battles rage riots in my thought chains,
Weapons of words, bitten off like bones,
Aghast the loss seems close to being,
But something stirs with increasing force.
A hero image takes the helm,
Wards out the ghosts and freezes my hell.
Gentle calm awash my face,
Rhythmic breathing once again.
Gone are the beasts that haunted dreams,
Instead?  Flowers, swaying in the breeze.

x

No comments: