Sunday 3 October 2010

Rain Rhythms

Rain lashes my window over and over, splish-splash-splosh-splish-splash-splosh, again and again. It builds to crescendo, a forte of rhythm, melodic in tone and soothing to hear.  Lying in bed I let it envelop: my head, my dreams, my heart, my soul.  Pulsing around them, it drums with precision, stirring the beat at the depths of my soul.  Tribal - I feel it - longing and yearing, nature's attempt to make me her own.  Instinctive and natural it transports me out - I'm lying outside with the rain on my skin.  Warm drops of light cool on my face.  I taste it, it falls hard, soaking my clothes but I feel more at peace than ever before.  What magic it has, the rain from the skies, casting its tempo like a spell on my soul.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this piece, Great work and Great Blog. Keep writing. very inspiring & illustrative with words.YB;0)

Carmela-J said...

That's very kind of you, thank you for taking the time to read it! x